Berlin Sewing Salon has teamed up with artist Alma Alloro to offer you a fabulous workshop in Berlin teaching you Patchwork-Quilting as Art. In this 4 hour workshop, you will be taught the processes and techniques of quilting to then apply onto your own patchwork design. You will come out of the workshop with a finished work of art that you have created.
During the workshop you will learn:
- A brief historical background on quilting
- The principles of quilting
- How to plan a quilting project using patterns… yet staying creative and intuitive, all at the same time!
- Basic sewing skills will be taught for total beginners
- All materials will be provided as well as refreshments and snacks.
Our workshops are kept small to ensure that you get plenty of help and guidance from the teacher.
Come on board and join us for a fun and interactive learning experience, where you will be in good hands and come out feeling ready to tackle your other quilting projects!
About the teacher:
Alma Alloro is an artist based in Berlin. After inheriting her grandmother’s sewing machine 6 years ago she adopted the technique of quilting as part of her art practice. Since then she has developed an original approach to quilt making and exhibited art installations around the world in which patchwork quilts function as paintings and are also used as footage materials for moving images. Her approach is playful and experimental but also based upon a basic fundamental skill set.